New Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS Price, Review and Photo Gallery
What To Name It ? Pulsar 200NS – The Street Fighter ???
Bajaj Auto Ltd. has finally announced it’s all New Bajaj Pulsar 200 NS, Which many of us have been eagerly waiting for. Bajaj Pulsar has had many upgrades since it’s launch, but the basic design retains the mascular design, Which has made Pulsar the popular and most preferred bike. When it was expected all the pulsar models would given an upgrade, Bajaj Auto unveiled it’s Pulsar 200 NS. Other models, Pulsar 135, Pulsar 150, Pulsar 180 and Pulsar 220 remains unchanged.
The commercial launch is expected to be at the end of April, 2012.
Price of Bajaj New Pulsar 200NS is not yet announced,
But it might be priced not less than Rs. 90,000.00
Bajaj New Pulsar is based on 200cc mill from KTM 200 Duke.
The biggest surprise is it’s not aircooled – it’s liquid cooled engine.
The face-lift is stunning and much needed as it’s about a decade since pulsar was launched.
Pulsar 200NS features new design of alloy wheels, fuel tank, side scoops and instrument cluster.
Performance Figures of New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
- 0-60 in just 3.6 secs and 0-100 in 9.8 secs
- Top speed of Pulsar 200NS is 136 kph
- Braking distance (60-0) – 16.33 mtrs
Mileage/Average/Fuel Economy of New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Highway (constant 60 kph) – 58 kmpl
City (Expected) – 35 kmpl
Combined (Expected) – 45 kmpl
Engine of New 2012 Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
- Maximum power of 23.17 bhp at 9500 rpm
- Maximum torque of 18.3 nm at 8000 rpm
- Powered by a liquid-cooled 200cc engine
- Three spark and 4-valve technology
- Paper element air filter
- Ignitions System: Independent spark control through ECU
- Exhaust TEC enhanced centrally mounted
Bajaj New Pulsar 200NS is powered by a liquid-cooled 200cc engine which develops maximum power of 23.17 bhp at 9500 rpm with maximum torque of 18.3 nm at 8000 rpm. Bajaj claims mileage of Pulsar 200 NS is 58 kmpl under standard driving conditions and claims the top speed of 136 kph.
Design and Styling of 2012 New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
Bajaj New Pulsar 200NS has been designed all new from scratch, but it seems like an elder sibling of Pulsar 135LS, the styling of head light, blinkers and tail light looks it has been inspired from Bajaj Pulsar 135. The fuel tank, alloy wheenls, rear-view mirrors, side scoops, and many other parts are all-newly designed and doesn’t resemble to any other models of Pulsar. The front look is the best part of the styling, it gives a very fierce and aggressive look to the bike. The rear-end features clear lens LED tail light and spilt grab rails. The turn indicators are same like Pulsar 135 which gels very well with the overall design of the bike. The design of alloys is also new and stylish which further enhances the looks of Pulsar 200NS. Bajaj will also launch faired version of 200NS in near future, which will compete with the likes of Yamaha R15 Version 2.0, Hero Honda Karizma ZMR and Honda CBR250R.
Suspension and Brakes of 2012 New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
- Front suspension – 37mm Telescopic Front Fork with Antifriction Bush
- Rear suspension – Nitrox Mono Shock Absorber with piggy back gas canister
- 230mm front petal disc brake with floating caliper
- 230mm rear petal disc brake with floating caliper
Instrument Cluster of 2012 New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
- Analogue tachometer
- Digital Speedometer, fuel gauge and trip meter
New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS features all-new digital-analogue instrument cluster. It features digital speedometer, digital fuel gauge, digital trip meter and analogue tachometer. The huge round tachometer dominates the instrument cluster, is placed in centre and is flanked by a digital screen on right side and other tell-tales LEDs on the left side. The tachometer also incorporates a small vertical screen which displays the fuel gauge.
Fast Facts About 2012 New Bajaj Pulsar 200NS
- All-new design and styling (though it resembles Pulsar 135)
- NS stands for ‘Naked Sport’
- New attractive shades/decal/graphics
- New design for alloy wheels
- Exhaust outlet beneath the engine
- New design for the instrument cluster/speedometer/tachometer
- New lighter and stronger chassis, is faster and lighter
- Rectangular box swing-arm, Fat rear tyres
- Yellow coloured mono shock unit at the rear
- 280mm front and 230mm rear disc brake
- New Design for Spilt-seat
- New headlamp, turn indicators and tail light
- Will be available in four shades: Yellow, Black, Blue and Red
Official Statement by K Srinivas, President-Motorcycles, Bajaj Auto:
“Pulsar has now celebrated a ‘Decade of Dominance’ with 10 years of leadership in the Indian performance motorcycle market. The Pulsar 200NS showcases next leap in technology and design and will set the standard for others to follow. We believe that 2012-13 will be an exciting period where Bajaj Auto will excite customers both here and abroad.”